Max Poyser
Max Poyser asked:

Are readers who do not like James Bradley's The Resurrectionist badly read, or stupid or both?

To answer questions about The Resurrectionist, please sign up.
Annerlee In my opinion, everyone's thoughts on a book are valid. Max, I take it that you enjoyed the book so much that you can't imagine anyone else not enjoying it. There seem to be a disproportionate number of 1 and 2 star reviews, which surprised me too, I must admit.

This is obviously a book that polarises opinion!

Personally, I love the atmosphere and the highly crafted, descriptive language - the tenderness with which the author describes the deceased, contrasted with the reality of the scientific, often gory (and smelly) dissections that follow.

I can fully appreciate that readers who were looking for (expecting?) a fast-paced, gothic horror would be highly disappointed...
Max Poyser Annerlee, so sorry... I do not monitor this very often. As one of my EngLit lecturers once said, "everyone can have an opinion, when you graduate your opinions should be better than the others". Your thoughts are clearly, better than the others. Warmest. M.
Image for The Resurrectionist
by James Bradley (Goodreads Author)