ATrueBookworm
ATrueBookworm asked:

I have heard this book is similar to the Redwall series. Is it? Also, does it have any bad language, sexual themes, blood, and strange gods and rituals?

To answer questions about Urchin of the Riding Stars, please sign up.
TheGuy The Mistmantle chronicles is for 10 to 13 year olds it does have some blood, and there are some creepy moments and places in the book. I can not tell you a bout the Redwall series because i have not read it.
Patrick The Mistmantle Chronicles is for young teens but I can say that it's more or less PG13. The series does have it's dark moments but it's designed for a young audience. A good example would be any Don Bluth cartoon such as The Land Before Time. It's Dark but it's not overly graphic. Now the Now characters are not full anthropomorphic they are more or less Bipedal, they look feral but walk on 2 legs.
Adrienne Gullion There isn't any bad language in it. This book was made more for 5th and 6th graders. There isn't any graphic sexual content but some characters do have relationships with other characters but it is very clean. There is some blood but it isn't super horribly graphic. You could compare this series to rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series. I wouldn't say there's a strange god in it but the animals do have festivals and weddings, things like that. i would give them a try.
Image for Urchin of the Riding Stars