Mary
Mary asked:

Should I really read this? there are allot if mixed reviews and I'm not really sure if I should. I really like fantasy romances kind of books which this one looks like it has, but people I know who like the same thing and they didn't like it.. so is ti worth the read?

To answer questions about Daughter of Smoke & Bone, please sign up.
hanallua I'd say, mixed reviews will always happen, although I admit they sometimes discourage me. What I usually do is reading the reviews with the worst rates to find things about the book that are REALLY problematic or would discourage me. But from my point of view, Daughter of Smoke and Bone was a really good book, and I'm not even into fantasy. Actually, the book got me interested into the genre -- that's how good it was.

There ARE, however, aspects that made me a bit skeptic, like the pace of the romance and the way beauty is repeated and, let's say it, kind of shoved in my face, but it didn't bother me all that much because the elements next to that were really good --the plot, the characterization, the feelings, the dialogues, and of course, the wondrous writing.

Sooo I'd say, you could give it a try! The beginning is a bit slow but it quickly speeds up and it caught my oh-so-fleeting attention, so I think it mught be worth the read. Of course, you still may not like it, but that's okay, at least you'd have tried and you wouldnt have any regret. :)
Image for Daughter of Smoke & Bone
by Laini Taylor (Goodreads Author)