Karen Lund
Karen Lund asked:

Kindred, you will be missing a great book if you quit the series now. "How the Light Gets In" is #9 in the series, and "Beautiful Mystery" is the perfect lead-in. I will read each and every one of Penny's books in the Gamache series. Didn't it strike you as leading up to something bigger?

To answer questions about The Beautiful Mystery, please sign up.
Clara Baker Baldwin If you began with #8, STOP, and go back and start at the beginning. They all build up to what is happening with the characters, both Gamache and Beauvoir. Wonderful story telling.
Doris I have been reading this series in order and just started Beautiful Mystery. As I think back to the previous books in the series, I almost think the murder mystery aspect of each novel is a minor part of the story line. It's the characters and the settings that are the focus in this series, and there is definitely a story arc that carries from one to the next. I'm reading at a leisurely pace and really enjoying the journey!
Mary Tonks Louise Penny admits that even though she feels each novel can stand alone, it's best to begin at the beginning!
Image for The Beautiful Mystery
by Louise Penny (Goodreads Author)