Ellen
Ellen asked:

Is here a next one?

To answer questions about Year of the Griffin, please sign up.
Sara Technically, there is NOT a next book in the series, but Dianna Wynne Jones wrote another book called 'The Tough Guide to Fantasy Land' which, although it is not listed as, is basically a guide to Derkholm for the tourists.
Nora Daina Wynne Jones was writing a sequel, from what I've gathered, but she never finished it. Same with the Howl's Moving Castle series; there was supposed to be a fourth, and perhaps more after that, but they were never finished before she died. I know there was supposed to be a fourth Howl's Moving Castle book because of an interview I read in which she stated as much, but I'm not sure where I heard about the should-have-been sequel to Year of the Griffin.
GeraniumCat Sadly, no. The Dark Lord of Derkholm is one of my favourite books and I'd have loved to read more about the griffins.
Image for Year of the Griffin