Erica T
Erica T asked:

What age would you recommend these books for? Appropriate for a 12 year old? Is there profanity, sex, excessive violence?

To answer questions about The Eye of the World, please sign up.
Andrew I haven't finished the series yet, as I'm currently on Book 9. But from what I've read thus far, the books are mostly clean and borderline appropriate for an adolescent.
There is no profanity. Intimacy is non-existent in the early books, and present but not excessive starting around Book 6 or so. There is violence, but mostly magical in nature and thus I would say fairly easy for a kid to separate from reality. The biggest problem for a 12 year old is the sheer magnitude of the story; there are hundreds and hundreds of characters, and the giant storyline continues to expand with each book. I would recommend the series to a literary-minded14-15 year old, but 12 seems a tad too young.
Publius There is nothing graphic in nature in this series whether verbal, sexual, or violence. There is sex and violence in the book, but it isn't in the graphic descriptive nature as Game of Thrones.
Image for The Eye of the World