Rose
Rose asked:

Everyone is talking about it recently. Because it is a big book, I would rather own it than borrow it because of the pressure of having to return it. also, nervous about all the sex and violence, but hear it is well written...is that really so?

To answer questions about Outlander, please sign up.
Rachel Bartell Hi Rose,
Not sure if you've started the series yet or not, but I wanted to answer your question anyway! You'll find both sex and violence on occasion throughout the entire series. That said, it is extremely well-written. Emotional and real, not lewd or offensive. Historically accurate and pertinent to the story, but never excessive or unnecessary.

Also, I purchased the Kindle version of the entire series (8 books so far) on Amazon, though I do see the price has gone up since the Starz show... You could always borrow the first one and opt to purchase it if you enjoy it!
Image for Outlander
by Diana Gabaldon (Goodreads Author)