Jennifer Carmody duncan

My 8 yr old, sensitive daughter has read the book and she said it was ok, but she said it was really sad. They are now watching the movie. Is the movie more graphic or way more sad than the book? I wish I would have had the time to watch it first

To answer questions about Where the Red Fern Grows, please sign up.
Chloe Which movie? Disney's "Where the Red Fern Grows" is not graphic at all. It didn't even come close to what the book makes you imagine in your head. If your daughter can handle reading this book with the images the author portrays, she can definitely handle the movie. The longest, most gruesome part of the book is barely touched in the movie. As far as sadness, it was not sad for me. The book makes the ending much sadder than the movie. The books are always better than the movies though. I hope that answered your question. :)
Image for Where the Red Fern Grows