am I gonna hate dogs after reading this? LOL

To answer questions about Cujo, please sign up.
Mariana Schneider No, Cujo is a very sweet dog until he becomes "bad" and it shows throughout the book. There are several parts narrated on his point of view that will make you feel sorry for him instead of hate. Makes me want to hug my dog.
Christy Oh my gosh, I wanted to hug my dog all the way through this one (happy he'd just got his rabies shot, too!) The book actually makes you see Cujo as a poor victim,too. What happened to this super loving dog (the disease) was so unfair, and King really brings that out in the story, describing Cujo's pain as the disease raged through his body. He was just as much a victim as the people were, and by the end the disease had (in a way) melted his brain...again, made me love on my dog all the way through!
Bogdi I doubt anybody comes out of it hating dogs. One might feel less inclined to charity towards the middle life crisis-afflicted crowd after reading this book. First world problems comes to mind, right up until poor Cujo gets rabies (and, SADLY, does not put said crowd out of their misery).
Cory Williams No, Just Saint Bernards (sp) :P
Image for Cujo
by Stephen King (Goodreads Author)