Dorothy
Dorothy asked:

Why doesn't Marie-Laure tell Werner's sister that Werner saved Marie-Laure's life?

To answer questions about All the Light We Cannot See, please sign up.
Jill Collen
Tom I agree entirely! It's one thing to see people die, as they did in the war, giving realism to the book. But Marie Laurie should have/would have told Jutta of her brother's heroism. Without it the rest of her life would not have been possible. This is how I choose to re-write that seen in my mind. Thanks for the question :)
Leigh Agree entirely with Jill here. Very realistic but sad scene. You can also interpret the scene as an echo of the theme and title of the book - Jutta never got to see how much impact her brother had before his death (on Marie-Laure's fate). That piece of knowledge would have been a ray of light/hope/comfort to her I'm sure, but she never did see it.
Image for All the Light We Cannot See
by Anthony Doerr (Goodreads Author)