Grace Tenkay
Grace Tenkay asked:

Has anyone gone to Savannah and done the 'Midnight Garden' tour? I hear it is quite enjoyable.

Louise Hathaway Yes--my husband and I went on the "Midnight in the Garden" tour and I highly recommend it. We even went to see the Lady Chablis at Club One when we were in Savannah.
Susan I'm working on a trip to Savannah and I haven't even finished the book yet! I would like to do the tour if I make it out there.
Ava Yes- I did two years ago. It's well worth it. A fun and informative tour of a beautiful historical homestead.
Sara Yes, it's worth your time. I hadn't yet finished the book and the tour was very good. The guide accommodated people who had only seen the movie or had read the book.
Lynda Schaffer Yes! I found it very interesting after reading the book. I found the book very interesting but had a hard time believing that it was true. I have spoken to people living in Savannah and they all said it was.
Michael I didn't know there was a 'tour', but yes I've been to Savannah (2010)and spent several days exploring the old city. Lunch in the diner that John Berendt describes. It's terrific. Savannah is a beautiful unknown city, with wonderful friendly residents, who were happy to stop & talk to two visiting English people. 'Midnight' is a great frame to hang a visit on. There is so much more there too...
Charles I went to Savannah with my (late) partner of 13 years, back in 2008. Because of his health, we only managed the local bus tour of the city. We also found, went to, and spent a LOT of money at 'The Book' store. I bought my 'signed' copy of this book there.

Overall, the book is so much better than the movie - though the movie is well portrayed and is filmed on location in Savannah.

Agreed - I want to go back and spend more time there to do the tour, both of the Mercer House and the district in general.
Tracey Yes! I stumbled upon it fall 2019 and loved it! It was such an eclectic story and home... a great part of the whole Savannah experience.
Image for Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil