Philip Mccleary

Why are so many books like this one being broken up into three or more parts as opposed to being the novel they should have been? Now that the painful question has been asked please buy this book and the others in the series. I lost a lot of sleep reading "Slip" and look forward to losing a lot more in the next installment.

To answer questions about Slip, please sign up.
David Estes Thanks so much for the question, and I'm so glad you enjoyed Slip!

To answer your question, there are a couple of reasons I decided to break the Slip Trilogy into three parts. First, I didn't really want a thousand page novel. Personally, as a reader I don't really like when books feel too long, and would rather have a long series broken into pieces. Also, YA books generally don't do very well if they are considered too long. Second, as a fulltime self-published author, I also have to make a living from my book sales. Generally this means I give away a lot of books for free or $0.99, and then hope that the sequels sell well enough to make some profit from the time spent writing, editing, publishing and marketing the series. Honestly, if I wasn't a series writer I'm not sure I'd be able to have a fulltime career as a writer and I'd be back in a job I didn't enjoy, so I feel lucky to have this opportunity! Thanks for your question and your support!
Image for Slip
by David Estes (Goodreads Author)