Peter Stone
Peter Stone asked:

When I know that the creator of the Universe loves me as much as He dose, warts and all, then I can love every person on earth as well as myself.The motivator for my life is what God thinks first, then everything else flows from that?

Mary Ann Yes. This booklet looks specifically at the idea that ideally, we do not want either low self-esteem or high self-esteem but to think less about ourselves. This frees us to love God & others well. So it takes the idea perhaps a step further than your question. We are confident in God's love, therefore, we don't need to think about pleasing ourselves or doing things to boost our reputation or because we want to feel good or loving. We can forget ourselves because of that faith in God.
Image for The Freedom of Self-Forgetfulness