Abdeljabar
Abdeljabar asked:

I read the abridged version and I think I missed out on a lot of things. How true is that?

To answer questions about Il conte di Montecristo, please sign up.
Ali Mroueh Ive read both multiple times. The abridged version is something like 500-700 pages less than the unabridged. So, you are missing out on half the details of the story. The general story is unchanged, but the story and intricacy of the plot makes more sense in the unabridged version. The whole of the counts experiences and planning for revenge can only be enjoyed in the unabridged version.
Overall, I would say the abridged story is still a good read; however, reading the unabridged version afterwards will provide another great read as well as the Count's complete story.
Image for Il conte di Montecristo