Louise
Louise asked:

My 9 year old daughter has read the first two books in the series but when I went to get her the 3rd book is in the Young Adult section. Are the third and fourth books not appropriate for a little girl?

To answer questions about Calling on Dragons, please sign up.
Arlene Totally appropriate for a 9-12 year old. Perhaps it is merely due to a reclassification of the entire Series into Young Adult-perhaps because so many of us as adults enjoyed this whimsical series too.
Adriannab52 your child can read this book i am 12 year old girl im finished with the book it is a good book
A. Well, like the Percy Jackson series, it started out as a children's book but as the main character gets older the problems that she undertakes develops ergo the plot develops with her. I don't know if I'm making sense ... Yeah... I guess....
Kimberly I think they are appropriate for a 9 year old. I'm not really sure why the different classifications.
Image for Calling on Dragons
by Patricia C. Wrede (Goodreads Author)