Rick Stepp-Bolling

What would you say was the most dynamic aspect of the 60s? In other words, what changed your world?

To answer questions about Night People, please sign up.
Larry Dunlap I think this is a fascinating question. While it's true that revolution was in the air and a questioning of authority brought on by a questionable war in Vietnam and the loss of innocence in the fall of Camelot, I think there was an under-considered foundational change that occurred with the public availability of birth control in the early Sixties. It gave better than half the human beings in our race a freedom not known since before the fall of Adam in the Garden of Eden. I think this freedom shook the accepted relationship between the sexes in more ways than have been documented. Freed from the result of a random act, women had the ability to control their reproductive cycle and compete on an equal footing with men, and it affected everything from the Peace and Love movement and Free Love, to the highest points in our society. Women began to demand equality and to see themselves something beyond just a marriage partner. I think I could fill up another book with the far-reaching dynamics of this event, that began in the early Sixties and blossomed at the end of the decade.
Image for Night People
by Larry J. Dunlap (Goodreads Author)