Gretchen
Gretchen asked:

Is this book appropriate for a Junior High library?

To answer questions about Say What You Will, please sign up.
Lauren "Out of My Mind" grows up...
Did anyone find it interesting that there is a moment in the story "Say What You Will," when Amy is remembering when she was younger and how she couldn't go to a science fair competition? She was accused of cheating on the exam. It sounded to me like a scene from the book "Out of My Mind." I am recommending this to my middle and high school kids who loved Out of My Mind when they were younger and now are reading, John Green, A.S. King, Sonya Sones, Rainbow Rowell, Jay Asher, Gayle Forman, Andrew Smith, Laurie Halse Anderson etc.
Kris Yes. It raises questions about conformity, friendships, freedom, and truth. There is some sex and alcohol, but it is presented in a way that glorifies neither. The overall messages of this book, about acceptance and courage, would be good. While likely more geared toward a senior high shelf, it would be appropriate for junior high.
Image for Say What You Will
by Cammie McGovern (Goodreads Author)