Laura
Laura asked:

Hi, I'm looking for any book that has the same theme as this present darkness i.e, spiritual warfare, angels vs. demons. Any recommendations?

To answer questions about This Present Darkness, please sign up.
Jason Siegfried Most of Ted Dekker books deal with Christianity and spiritual warfare. His other books are also great. Also, I just finished book 1 of the Well Spring novels named "Soul's Gate" by James L. Rubart. I can't remember off the top of my head what the other books are called but book 1 was really good.
James Brady Piercing the Darkness, also by the same author.
Helen Soto If you're looking for this type of book, you must read Chuck Black's Wars of the Realm series. They are intense! I highly recommend the audiobooks.
Nita Tarr Hi Laura!

My spiritual warfare fiction book "Battle of Beings: War Child" is out this week. It follows the lives of three adventurous protagonists as angels and demons battle to influence them - under divine and satanic instruction respectively! It has the exact same theme as This Present Darkness.

You might very well enjoy it. Stay in touch - We will be offering the Kindle version for free on the day of release.
Cherryls Books Wendy Alec's Chronicle Brothers books are along similar lines. There are four books in the series - the first one 'The Fall of Lucifer'.
Bob Randy Alcorn's series is intense. The books are Deadline, Dominion, and Deception. Great storytelling.
Leona Harrison Hi I recommend Jill Austin's Master Potter, and its sequel Master Potter and the Mountain of Fire. A story so rich in description that's easy relatable. I love this two, funny that I read them like 3yrs apart. Every Christian should read both, a unique story of God's love & protection. Very enjoyable.
Memz Turaga Piercing the Darkness is something similar to This Present Darkness and it also deals with spiritual warfare....good read and i love it...and both written by the same author
Leilanie Try the fall of lucifer by Wendy Alec.
Jen The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
Amanda The Angel Eyes trilogy by Shannon Dittemore.
Ashlie Reed Sacred by C.J. Kline is amazing! It is a Christian Suspense Thriller. It just came out and is getting awesome reviews on Amazon. I loved it. Read it in two days.
Beth Green Hello,
I want to invite you to sample my new book A Rose For Jonathan. The ebook version is available now (print version is almost there--probably by early next week at the latest).
I wrote this book in response to my experience as a physical therapist who works with children who have received transplants due to cancer. When working with these children and their families, the pain and joy in their hearts is so incredibly raw that I wanted to capture it in a book that brings hope and an awareness of how close God is at all times through his gift of prayer. The book follows a preacher as he discovers a lot about himself and the spiritual world around him while he also uncovers more about his past.
Please give it a try with the sample chapters on Amazon (or your favorite place to get a book). If you don't like it, I will not be offended! I really value your input and time and hope that you will message me or visit me on my author page here in FB at TheGreenAuthor. Please let me know your response to the book or at least the opening pages.
The reviews have been favorable so far, so please take a look at those as well. I would value your opinion as I love reviews, no matter what you say! It is wonderful to connect to you all through words as well as learn what you do and do not like.
Thank you for your time and have a blessed day!

http://www.amazon.com/Rose-Jonathan-B...
Eugenie Grobler He came to set the captives free ,Rebecca Brown

Enjoy !
D.C. Mac need to check out Shurod and the angelic bloodline..battles between demons and angels..I think you would like it.
Coralie Ooh, you need to check out J. M. MacLeod's Inception of a Brigade!!
James Byerley My novel just came out that deals with spiritual warfare, and contains what you are looking for in themes. It came out in paperback a few months ago, and on e-book last month. Let me know what you think!

"A Battle at the Fingertips: The IMFish.net Archives"
By James Byerley
A Christian fiction techno-thriller.
JD Sutter Check out Darkened Eyes by Michael Schroeder. It has scenes which give the reader a glimpse into the spirit world in a very similar way to Peretti. Also, check out The Visitation by Peretti, House (co-authored with Ted Dekker), and The Harbingers series by Peretti, Bill Myers, and several other authors.
Elizabeth Dragina Rescued by John Bevere
Sean Elliot Russell Hi Laura,
It's been 3 years since you asked the question. Maybe you would like to know one more book. You may like "The Jesus Boy" which has elements of spiritual warfare and the supernatural incorporated within the novel.

Kind regards,
Sean
(I am the author of that book.)
Ann Ansah-Grant I write a series of spiritual warfare novels called THE FLAMES SERIES that is reminiscent of This present Darkness by Frank E. Peretti. The first book in the series is called: SOARING ABOVE THE FLAMES The second in the series is called: WALKING THROUGH THE FLAMES: THE FLAMES SERIES BOOK 2. Feel free to check it out here on the Goodreads site. website at www.annansah-grant.com
Angele the screwtape's letters is also a great read.
Jelorraine Jaramilla try to read the content of CODEX GIGAS
Jessica I would recommend the Left Behind series. The originally series plus the prequels and the sequel are great and there are a few sub-series written by other authors that are also pretty good.
Cynthia Franklin Susan Howatch. She wrote a series of books with this theme. Glittering Images, Glamorous Powers, Mystical Paths.
Greg Collide and Torn, the first two books in the Collide trilogy by Ashley Stambaugh. They're not categorized under Christian fiction, but they're clean urban fantasy books about angels vs. demons.
Image for This Present Darkness