Maya
Maya asked:

Does anyone know if this is in any way a tie-in to another book like The Winter Sea or The Firebird, since there is a Jacobite theme again? Thanks! :)

To answer questions about A Desperate Fortune, please sign up.
Susanna Kearsley Hi Maya. This isn't a sequel to any of the books, but Anna from The Firebird does make a brief guest appearance in an early chapter, and if you've read others of my novels you may glimpse a few familiar faces in the contemporary section. This happens sometimes in my books, as characters wander from one story into another, since in my brain they're all inhabiting the same imagined world, but there's no need for you to have read any of the other books in order to understand this one, if that helps at all?
Maya I see. Thank you! I recently read The Winter Sea and loved it so much that I got The Firebird immediately, and then was excited to see A Desperate Fortune just coming out. I love how different characters pop in and out of the two aforementioned books. It's like seeing old friends, and makes the stories even more real. I can't wait to dig into A Desperate Fortune now.

p.s. Kind of thrilled you wrote to me, Susanna! Thank you for such wonderful books!
Amy Bea Just saying ... I LOVE Susanna Kearsley and her books.
Image for A Desperate Fortune
by Susanna Kearsley (Goodreads Author)