Tina Dalton
Tina Dalton asked:

What age would you say this is appropriate for? Teens or adults? (thinking about buying it for a public library.)

To answer questions about Tokyo Ghoul, Tome 1, please sign up.
Gavin Abdollahi Hmmm, based on vol. 1 and a little bit of vol. 2, I'd say 13,14+.
If you can handle Attack On Titan, or if you're ok with whoever you're checking for watching/reading it, this is fine (I speak for the manga version, though).

So, here's what you need to worry about:
<spoiler>
1) VIOLENCE

Obviously.
Beheading, severing of limbs, blood gushes, human like creatures eating humans, humans killing ghouls... These are what I've gathered so far.
Though, since it's just a bunch of drawings, and also black and white, I'm fine with it.

2) PSYCHOLOGICALITY (not sure what it's called)

Take a look at Death Note.
Barely any nudity and or violence, but why is it best kept away from little kiddies?
The psychological value, the mixed up sense of right and wrong.
Tokyo Ghoul (for me) isn't necessarily creepy, but the main character is a human turned ghoul, who has to cope with the ghoul hunger, and will most probably have to eat humans.

Things you don't need to be worried of:
NUDITY/ FANSERVIECE

Very much less quantity compared to other titles meant for younger boys.
Sure, there is a bit of cleavage, and sometimes characters wear short skirts and or have big breasts, but it's way less worse compared to other titles, and there's one scene where a female character is seen leaning apron a male character, both naked (shown from the side, and this is in no way sexual, more like symbolizing the main character becoming a ghoul).

Hope this helped!

Edit:
Oh, for a library?
You may wanna shelf it under older teens, cuz that's the official rating (16, maybe 18+, I think).</spoiler>
Mohamed Najib I would say the normal [18+] but if people are fine with it it’s okay:)
Mars I would say that the first volume would be teens. I haven't read the rest of the series but volume one wasn't terribly graphic from what I remember. I hope that I helped.
phrog Teens, i'm 13 and I think it's perfectly fine for my age group. Its gory. Attack on Titan is worse I think though. So 13+.
Spectacular Ghost It's aimed at 20 and over, according to wikipedia... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seinen_...
It does eventually become graphic later.
Karma Turner I am currently 14 years old and have thoroughly enjoyed this series. The beginning is teen appropriate, although it does become quite violent in the more recent chapters and I would classify that as 16+ currently.
OneFootInHellAlready Depends, 16+ I would say :)
Image for Tokyo Ghoul, Tome 1