Gemma
Gemma asked:

what age could one start reading this?

To answer questions about The Signature of All Things, please sign up.
Christopher Parker On the other hand (responding to Hilary here) there is no actual sex and I find the portrayal of sexuality (and sexual frustration) rather realistic in an ordinary (and one might say boring) way - which is a good lesson to contradict our American sense of titillation.
Hilary Donovan It depends on the person and the family. If you're a particularly religious family and don't want your teenager reading about masturbation and oral sex, forget it (not to mention the erotic literature the protagonist reads (on a par with Fifty Shades of Grey!). As a 68-year-old, I was just fine with it all, but I was a late-blooming teenager and would have found this book disturbing, I think! Of course, most teenagers today wouldn't have any problem with the sexual content (I don't think!).
Image for The Signature of All Things
by Elizabeth Gilbert (Goodreads Author)