Srikumar Krishna Iyer

Will you recommend this book to me? Is this a fast/quick read?

To answer questions about No Country for Old Men, please sign up.
Pam Stagg Absolutely fantastic read! Then see the movie, with Javier Badem as the maddest, baddest baddy you've ever encountered.
Chris Johnson I recommend it and it is a fast read.
Dave I'll chime in with no, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who's looking for a fast read. It could be read quickly, no doubt, but I think McCarthy's prose is such that he forces you (me, at least) to slow way the hell down. It must've been 8+ hours for me over 4 or 5 days.

Specifically, McCarthy eschews punctuation altogether (apostrophes, quotation marks, commas, etc.) and has a thick West Texas dialect going throughout. (I'm in Brownwood, TX and it still took me pauses to digest it. But to be clear, he Nails it.) But not just that, McCarthy's a minimalist. Like a poem that can be read in 30 seconds, it's not meant to be. Asking how fast you can read a poem misses an important point.

Although I'm just getting smarmy now... : )
Rosemary Yes, the book draws you in and the writing never drags.
Peggy Yes I recommend it, but don't rush it. Like Sheriff Bell, who is a thinker- methodical and contemplative, you need to slow down and take the time to understand the characters and why they do what they do. But if you are a fast reader, yes it goes quickly.
Yıldırım Saraçoğlu This book is going like a movie dialogs and effects. It should be read fast and quickly.
Image for No Country for Old Men