Grace
Grace asked:

Is there any profanity in the book?

David Yes, there is a good bit of profanity but not particularly offensive. There is no way to sanitize this story if faithfully re-told.
Holly Yes, but I didn't find it too offensive. I don't see how he could keep it out when quoting the typical gang-banger lingo.
Megan There is a good amount of profanity. I wish he'd left the F-word out. I expected some profanity when the Friar was quoting what the homeboys said. But I didn't expect him to use it when he was quoting what he himself said. I felt it was unfortunate to have that much profanity; it felt at discord with the rest of the spiritual message of the book. I'm in two book groups that won't read any books with the F word. I know that the groups would enjoy this book, but I can't recommend it because of the profanity.
Image for Tattoos on the Heart