Diane Thomas
Diane Thomas asked:

What did you like best about IN WILDERNESS and what did you like least?

To answer questions about In Wilderness, please sign up.
Dia I wouldn't call In Wilderness a love story. I see it as a story of determination and survival. It is written in lyrical, flowing prose. The details of her preparation for living away from civilization, the items she takes, what she finds when she gets there all contribute to engaging the reader in her plight.
This book reminds me of how I felt as a child reading The Secret Garden. I want to pretend to be Katherine. I want to play, "In Wilderness." I also want to warn Katherine from the perspective of now, 50 years later. Katherine is not one of those back-to-the-land hippies. This is a fresh take on what would motivate a woman, an advertising executive, to give it all up for total solitude.
Carey I loved the scene where they were having sex in the back of an alley and Katherine had to describe the people that were wandering the streets.

Disliked the fact that after they meet for the first time and talked Dan ran out. No surprises there but the reading did get a little stale waiting for them to run into each other again. I knew they would but the "oh pls wont he come back" mindset of Katherine was a fast skim read.
Image for In Wilderness
by Diane Thomas (Goodreads Author)