Maya B
Maya B asked:

To those that have read this book. Did you prefer the story to be told from the point of view of the Queen or Sita the female guard?

To answer questions about Rebel Queen, please sign up.
Michelle Parkins I prefer the story from Sita's point of view because from a relatively unknown character there is no need to embellish the facts as a main character might. There is no justification for decisions taken, only their presentation. Observers can offer insight and fascinating detail which the queen herself may overlook as her mind is on the bigger picture and the lives of her subjects. Michelle Moran writes from the minor character's Pov exceptionally well.
Carrie I prefer the story to be told from Sita's POV as only she could describe the caste system, the cities and the differences, things that the Queen wouldn't comment on.
Casey Mcdonald I really enjoyed it from Sita's point of view I always Love how Moran picks unknown or not commonly recognized people to be the point of view.
Adite The book's blurb is misleading. It was a big disappointment that Rani Lakshmibai was only a secondary character in the book.
Lourdes Ayala I think it's best told from Sita's point of view. She an reveal ideas and sentiments that the queen can not. She represents the entire caste system other than the royal system. She represents the common ordinary citizen.
Pam I agree with Adite that I had different expectations. I had expected to read about a queen that was a fighter and very strongly against the current of the times. However, I definitely prefer Sita's POV with the story that was told in this book because the queen could not have experienced nor understood what the vast majority of the women in India experienced at the time. For me, that was the most interesting part of the book.
Image for Rebel Queen
by Michelle Moran (Goodreads Author)