Leanne
Leanne asked:

Only 3 stars...Por Que?

To answer questions about Murder in the Sentier, please sign up.
Ned Because Goodreads has five placements (stars) rather than fifty (0.0, 0.1, 0.2...- ... 4.9, 5.0). I liked this story and particularly enjoyed reading of a female detective. Somewhat of a novelty for me. I picked fiction back up a couple years ago and while I already have a huge backlog of things I've promised myself, I still keep room for additional new authors unknown to me. This year I've also read lots of murder mysteries but they were all classics of the genre. Seeing this by Cara Black scooped into the SOHO CRIME series along with several of their other titles, I picked it out as the fattest (most pages) on the shelf. I also really enjoyed reading Georges Simenon, so this series of Black's set in Paris was a natural choice. One small criticism. No way this one is realistically set in 1994. 2000-2002 is where I would set it based on tech available to Mademoiselle Leduc - and that seems when Black was writing it. But this is a minor thing that won't be noticed in fifty years' time.
Thanks for asking~
Image for Murder in the Sentier
by Cara Black (Goodreads Author)