Ann Marie
Ann Marie asked:

I have just completed viewing the PBS mini series of Paul Scotts Raj Quartet and just discovered the video covers all 4 of Scotts books. Since I so enjoyed the mini series I am considering reading the books. I ask if anyone on Goodreads has read the books?

To answer questions about The Raj Quartet, please sign up.
Judith Yes, I have read them twice, listened once on Audible and I am trying to find the time to read for the 4th time. Seems like I get the urge every ten years or so. It is that good! Hope you read it or at least started.
Valerie I am hoping that sometime during the past 5 months you decided to pick up this saga and immerse yourself in hours of truly great storytelling. I have to tell you that this is a book I would not usually choose for myself, but the popularity of the series influenced me enough to read the first book, and then the second, the third, and quite reluctantly the fourth. I just never wanted it to end. I did not see the series before I read the books but did see it years later. If you liked the series, you will love the books. My favorite book, and a great story.
Jonathan Cracknell Yes I have read all four of the Books and they are brilliant.Each book name encapsulates the Zeitgeist of the time. The British experience in India is alot more complex than the goodies and the badies approach to Empire, after all if the Romans hadn't come to Britain our culture would have been the poorer, let alone the fact that we wouldn't have inherited such wonderful roads ! Highly recommended and be aware of the metaphors sprinkled liberally throughout the texts.
Image for The Raj Quartet