Jeffwrite
Jeffwrite asked:

This novel is so disjointed in its elements that it feels like a hack job of some other story. Do you agree?

To answer questions about Gone Girl, please sign up.
DeeRae I would normally agree with you. It does feel like it's a plot we've all heard before. However, regarding the elements being disjointed. I feel like that's the point, and it's somewhat of a hack job because it really was. Amy's point-of-view was often told through her journal entries, which were essentially a very thorough and convincing hack job. She wrote them all in a year's time to reflect the past seven years. Also, she had the mind that never stopped. Always going, going, going. Nick was just dumb, getting duped at every turn so it doesn't surprise me.
Image for Gone Girl
by Gillian Flynn (Goodreads Author)