Zom Osborne
Zom Osborne asked:

To answer questions about Kushiel's Dart, please sign up.
Ida Jagaric I think it was more that Melisande used Phedre at the Duc's party to sniff out who Delaunay's co-conspirator was by introducing her as 'no Delaunay' to see who would react. And then when she found Delaunay's co-conspirator their house was attacked as well as Delaunay's. But I'm still confused on all this so I'm gonna post another related question too!
Michael That he intended to comply with his oath to protect Ysandre de la Courcel. He made the promise to Rolande, but Melisande did not believe he would honor it.

Ysandre's intention was to wed Drustan mab Necthana, which eventually would have led to an heir to the Courcel rule. Of course Melisande didn't want to see this, because she was plotting for their overthrow along with d'Aiglemort.

Note that the only reason Phedre knew this is because she snuck into the palace when she should have been
Image for Kushiel's Dart
by Jacqueline Carey (Goodreads Author)