Alex
Alex asked:

I just finished Kennedy's Brain and thought the writing was excellent, but as for suspension of disbelief? Not so much. I am just starting to read Mankell. Can someone recommend one of his really excellent books to me?

To answer questions about Kennedy's Brain, please sign up.
Diana Heckert I liked his Wallander series the best. After I read all of them I read the others.

Steve Lasaine If you want police procedural then the wallander series is the way to go. Read them in order though. His non police procedural are all good reads.and can be read in any order. I think that Italian Shoes and Chronicler of the Winds are both excellent. Depths and eye of the leopard are also good. I just read Kennedy's Brain and found that what he writes in the epilogue got in the way of it being a much better read. Enjoy.
Tina Marga Kennedy's brain is a very different book than all other books by Mankell. It is not meant to be a book with suspense in the sense of being a page-turner book. It is gloomier, since this is about a disease (AIDS) that has only gloomy (side-)aspects. Read Mankell's Wallenders, if you really want suspense. If you want more humour, then read Italian shoes.
Image for Kennedy's Brain