Aiden
Aiden asked:

How is it possible to rate the book when it hasn't been finished and uploaded yet? Just curious.... Aiden (River of the Damned won't be finished until April 15th, and nothing but the general description has been uploaded on Amazon at this time)

To answer questions about River of the Damned, please sign up.
Asteropê I'm not totally sure, but many people on GR use the star ratings to indicate a lot of things such as interest, disinterest, etc. Instead of putting it in a shelf titled "really-want-to-read" or "not-really-interested" they may give it 5-stars (or 1). When searching through your GR books that are added to your account/shelves, you can sort by star ratings. These 5-stars (or whatever they are) could then be used by people to sort of prioritize them. I personally do not do this. I only give stars to books I've read and I put books on shelves to help sort them. But I do know many on GR use the stars for various methods, that have nothing to do with whether they read the book or not. And as far as I know, there's nothing in GR rules that says you can't review or rate a book unless you've read it. I tend to rely on reviews over star-ratings, when I am interested in a book and am wanting to know if it's something to read or not.
Image for River of the Damned
by Aiden James (Goodreads Author)