honey
honey asked:

Is this series YA?

To answer questions about Furies of Calderon, please sign up.
Sharon Schultz No, this book leans more towards adult audiences. Slavery, Rape, Cannibalism and Violent combat are in this book.
Anna Wick It's pretty gritty, but I think a level headed YA can read and learn from it. It doesn't try to be moralistic, but still gets really good human values across.
Stuart One of the most important viewpoint characters is YA age (15-16), but the book does not have the typical YA feel. Also it deals with some heavy topics not often broached in YA, such as rape and the brutality/carnage of battle
Reanne Definitely not YA. This is an adult fantasy, though it isn't as explicit and gruesome as a lot of other adult epic fantasies.
Paulo Azevedo I don't know the series, but I think this first book can be considered YA.
Corey Knadler No, lots of poorly handled discussions of rape.
Image for Furies of Calderon
by Jim Butcher (Goodreads Author)