Another question., As you are most likely much younger, would you call your ook a historical fiction to a point?

To answer questions about Her Perilous Journey, please sign up.
Lorena I am not much younger…I am 68, and so lived through all the historical events of the book. (The photo on my profile is from my 10th grade yearbook, worked over with Photoshop.)

I've chosen the unofficial genre of "picaresque memoir" for this book since it describes what I've done perfectly. To the extent that it is memoir -- all memoir is history. And to the extent that it is picaresque, it is fiction, and so I suppose it could have a sub-sub genre of historical fiction. Genre's in my opinion are mostly confining to the writer, but I understand the bookseller needs to know what shelf to put the book on. Thanks for your question and hope this answers it.
Image for Her Perilous Journey
by Lorena Cassady (Goodreads Author)