Merenda
Merenda asked:

I'd like to know from anyone who's read the book AND saw the movie, which they liked better? I first saw the movie as a young girl. Now that I know there is a book still available in print, I'd love to know what YOU think as a reader of the book and myself not having read it... yet. How BETTER detailed is the book? Thanks =)

To answer questions about Audrey Rose, please sign up.
Rose I read the book when I was about 12 or 13. Reincarnation was not a new concept since we were a church going family but the details and circumstances in this book blew me away. I have watched the movie when I was in my young 20s and even after more than a ten year span from reading the book, still remembered the pictures the book created in my mind. The movie in no way compares to the ability of the book to spark your inner imagination.
Lea Ann Cornman Wow...not sure what made me think of this book, I read it back in the 70's when I was probably 10 or so. My parents didn't censor books and I was an advanced reader. For some reason I thought of this book and looked it up to see what the cover looked like and found your question. I think that I saw the movie to this also, but am not sure. However, I do remember the book pretty clearly especially once I read the description. I remember loving this book as a 10 year old. Read it.
Donna Earle Book is always better,but the movie was awesome.
Kadix I did not see the movie, I read the book more than a decade ago. But I think a book will always give you a greater involvement and you will be richer in details, besides you being able to do it in your time.
Jaime The book is superior to the B movie. One finds out much more about Audrey and her mother's relationship in the book.
Rob Lunt I dont normally read books, but was so engrossed in this one I was working nights and read it over 3 days, a lot better than the film
Katie I read this book when I was 10-12ish and also saw the movie. I'm not sure which I did first but both were great, to me. I didn't realize until recently that Anthony Hopkins was Audrey Rose's father in the movie! I watched the movie trailer after I finished re-reading it last night and it gives me chills.

I will say, there is only a couple of parts that could have been shortened a bit or left out. I didn't really feel all the details of his journal concerning his experiences while he was learing about reincarnation was necessary. Some of it may have been helpful and relevant but not all of it. Most of the court case was okay for me but I realize some of it could have been shortened a bit. Other than those two parts, I enjoyed the book very much and hope to see the movie again soon.
Pamela Morris The book is much better than the movie, imho.
Image for Audrey Rose