Delka Beazer
Delka Beazer asked:

Hi, I love reading about Henry VIII Tudor England, how does, "The Sixth Wife," stack up against Phillipa Gregory's slew of Tudor based work? I think I've read all of those she's written so far. I would also love a recommendation of a book on Anne Boleyn's mother. I saw a title once, read the excerpt but forgot to buy it. I would appreciate any helpful suggestions. Delka

To answer questions about The Sixth Wife, please sign up.
Josephine (Jo) Hello,
This is quite fiction based and it is more about Catherine, Dowager Duchess of Sussex than Katherine Parr so not one to actually learn history from. Books on Anne Boleyn you may like are Philppa Gregory, The Other Boleyn Girl, or Alison Weir Six Tudor Queens, book one is about Catherine of Aragon book two is about Anne Boleyn. If you are looking for non fiction there is Anne Boleyn: Fatal Attraction by G. W. Barnard. There are load and loads out there and any book on the life of Henry Vlll will give you a good grounding on Anne.
Regards,
Jo
Image for The Sixth Wife