Jessica
Jessica asked:

Does The Hypnotist have to be read first?

To answer questions about The Nightmare, please sign up.
Rbone not really, in fact joona is pretty much a secondary character in the hypnotist
Barb I did not read the Hypnotist first, but now I want to. It didn't seem to refer to anything I couldn't understand
Katie No not really, the hypnotist helps explain characteristics of Joona but is not necessary for understanding the plot line.
Mike That's exactly why I came here today, too; to see if I could figure that out. I just got "The Nightmare" out of the library today, and it wasn't clear at first. The back cover says it is a "bestselling sequel to The Hypnotist." But I've just read most of the "Reviews" underneath, being very careful to avoid any spoiler info. Although it is sometimes referred to as "Book Two", it seems it is not a sequel, it is only the return of a now established recurring character, Detective Inspector Joona Linna, who first appears in "The Hypnotist." I think we are safe, Jessica. Cheers!
Maurício I readed this book without read the The Hypnotist first, and had no problem. The book have start, middle and end.
Image for The Nightmare
by Lars Kepler (Goodreads Author)