Jody
Jody asked:

While I really enjoyed part1. I just barely made it to the end of part 2. I was really starting to tire of the story and frankely finding the writing to sag. If part 3 is simply more of the same, I feel like I've got it and read enough. Any thoughts?

To answer questions about Lonesome Dove, please sign up.
Matthew Witten part 1 is really just the back story and getting going part...I am not sure how you could love part 1 then wane in interest, that's completely opposite...if you enjoyed getting to know deets, newt, gus and the Capitan - don't you want to know what happens to them on their epic badass journey?
Justin The events of the final part hold so much weight and unfold in such an understated manner; I loved it. But I also loved the book by the point you are at, so maybe you wouldn't enjoy it as much?
Image for Lonesome Dove