Emily
Emily asked:

Is this a good stand-alone book, or do you have to read the series in order? I bought this book at a grocery store sale not realizing it was part of such a huge series!!

To answer questions about Heart of Obsidian, please sign up.
Gnome Claire *Wishes she was as cool as Gnome Ann* you've probably already read it or not by now but I'd say this is one of the less standalone books from the series- Kaleb has been quite a big character since book 2 and we've been getting more and more hints about his story so if you read it first you'd miss that build up. I also don't know how well the world would make sense without the world development that's in the previous books.
Lea Bookjoy Well no, it's better if you read this series starting with the first book =) Even if each book has its own story, it's rather subplots that participate to the building of an extremely complex main plot. So if you began with this book, you may not understand everything, especially at this stage of the main story =)
Image for Heart of Obsidian
by Nalini Singh (Goodreads Author)