J.D. Brewer
J.D. Brewer asked:

Vagabond Fans! I'm on the second rough draft of the Vagabond's Distant, Distant Prequel : On the Other Side of Greatness. However, now that I understand the colonies better, I'm trying to decide if I should should tell the sequel (Name TBD) from Tycho's point of view 4-7 years later or Ani's point of view 16 years later. You have a unique opportunity to sway me either way! Thoughts?

To answer questions about Vagabond, please sign up.
J.D. Brewer Thanks Leggings Are Never Pants! Everything you brought up definitely went into consideration. I've decided to tell it from Ani's point of view as a spy, but it leaves room to wrap in so much from the past that he doesn't understand. In a way, removing it a bit ties into the style of the prequel I just wrote, which is sitting and simmering. (I wrote a distant-distant prequel to explain The Great Disaster because I needed to answer a few questions for myself before even touching a sequel.) It has been an interesting puzzle to figure out how they all connect, which is why I'll be releasing the prequel and sequel next to each other next December. I'm still waiting on the perfect ending to happen for the prequel, which I think can only come from finishing the sequel. :) Let me know if you're interested in Beta Reading when the time comes!
Jana Tenbrook (Reviews from the Stacks) First of all, I just finished Vagabond yesterday, and I loved it!
So my first instinct is to prefer Ani's perspective, to see how she would deal with her unique situation and how different her life is from NIko's, and how differently they see things. Especially since she would deal with some of the same things Niko did, it would be interesting to see a different perspective on all that. At the same time, it would also be neat to see how Tycho deals with the emotional baggage he has and the guilt I expect he would continue to bear. His perspective seems like it could be more emotionally charged than Ani's, and darker. Personally, I think I'd enjoy Ani's perspective more. I'm sure whichever you choose will be great!
Image for Vagabond
by J.D. Brewer (Goodreads Author)