Trishh
Trishh asked:

Goodreads recommended this to me because I saved the GLBT tag, are there any LGBT characters? (for real)

To answer questions about Blood Engines, please sign up.
Steven Underwood The protagonist and supporting character are both described as sexually fluid in a way that is actually accurate to a sexual orientation rather than being a manifestation of fetishization. The author is very aware of tropes and the deeper you get into the series, the more you notice precise subversions of these tropes that fit the narrative.
Ozana One of the characters that becomes important later on is a gay man. The series is overall pretty casually, off-handedly representative if I remember correctly. He makes a return appearance at least once in the series where (spoiler below)

<spoiler>he becomes a plot point for going into the underworld to bring him back after he dies(?) in a weird magical mishap. Thinking back it might not be the only time the bury-your-gays trope shows up in this series.</spoiler>
Image for Blood Engines