Marcus
Marcus asked:

No offense - what do the males thought of this book, would you recommend it?

To answer questions about The Winner's Curse, please sign up.
Sky I'm also not male, but I know that some have loved it. First of all if you think it's just from the girls prospective, your wrong. It kinda switches from chapter to chapter. There is a lot of fighting scenes in fact, I know I have actually asked a guy or to what a fighting term meant while reading this book. I remember retelling one of the fight scenes to a boy them being like, "I have to read this book!" One day I brought the book with me to practice and some of the boys got really into it and was reading it while I was busy. So I recommend it to you.
CapesandCovers So, to start off, I'm not male. But, I would recommend it to males. Yes, the main protagonist is female, but she isn't written to "cater" towards females. It's more as if she was written as a gender neutral character, and then had some traits added on to make her female. So she doesn't act in the usual stereo or archetyped manner. She's smart, musically inclined and defiant. Try it, and if you don't like it, it's not as if you'll have to finish it.
Marcus Thanks for the responses ladies :)
I have read it, and it's one of my favourite books!
I'm awaiting the final installment :)
Image for The Winner's Curse
by Marie Rutkoski (Goodreads Author)