Lindsey
Lindsey asked:

Do I need to read "City of a Thousand Dolls" to understand this book?

To answer questions about Empire of Shadows, please sign up.
Featheredfear No. I read this without reading the first one and had no problems understanding the characters or feeling like I was missing a part of the story. It was a great stand alone book. I really loved it. I will go hunt down the first book in this series now.
Trek "City of a Thousand Dolls" is a must read if you're into this genre. I just discovered "Empire of Shadows" and can't wait to enjoy it.
Kailey (Kathryn is looking for me) You don't need to no, but I highly recommend you do so that when you read this one, the references and connections you get in City of a thousand dolls for this book's characters are that much more meaningful.
Charlotte no. this book is to help you understand some of the characters and storyline
Image for Empire of Shadows
by Miriam Forster (Goodreads Author)