Bob
Bob asked:

What reading grade level would this book suit?

To answer questions about Rocket Ship Galileo, please sign up.
David I discovered these in upper-elementary days in the public library back before there was a YA genre...the Juveniles (Time for the Stars, The Rolling Stones, Tunnel in the Sky, etc.) were just post-Hardy Boys and supplemented Scholastic Book Orders for me.
Brian Layman It's intended for the 10-13 year olds at the time it was published, 2 years after WWII ended to get them interested in engineering and rocketry. It's nothing you wouldn't hear on a radio drama of the time. So it's way better than most books 13 year olds read these days in some ways - no swearing or sex (or any woman that isn't a mother). However, there's also threats of torture and destruction and there is killing. So perhaps not what you'd find in a 6th grade school assigned book either. I think 12 and up is perfectly fine. And any kid who's seen Lord of the Rings has seen 10 times worse.
Brad I read it as a 6th grader, that's probably about right.
Jonathan
Meghan I've never read this, but after looking it up, it's classified as young adult. That could be anywhere from 6th grade and older. If you have the book sometimes on the inside cover there is a book level/grade equivalency on there.
Image for Rocket Ship Galileo