Catherine
Catherine asked:

These are pretty adult books, what with the rape and whatnot. My question is for those who have read both this series and "A Song of Fire and Ice." Is ASOFAI more adult than Sevenwaters, or less? 'Cause I was barely able to handle what was in Sevenwaters, and I didn't enjoy handling it. (I do love the series overall, though.) So, would I be able to handle ASOFAI just fine, or no?

To answer questions about Daughter of the Forest, please sign up.
Théa I found this harder to read than ASOIAF... Yes ASOIAF is more brutal, and graphic, but I think it's the fact that it didn't have the same emotional resonance as Daughter of the Forest.
Jenny A Song of Ice and Fire is much darker, more rape and more torture. Not to mention RR Martin is reeeaaalllllyyyy long winded. ASOIAF reads more like a historical fiction while Sevenwaters reads more like a young female adult book.
Su First, when you say "ASOFAI" you mean A Song of Ice and Fire (ASOIAF), right?

I find ASOIAF is much darker than Sevenwaters. If think both are great fantasy series worth the reading, but if you could barely handle Sevenwaters I would say to not go even near a ASOIAF book.

Sevenwaters can have dark topics or situations but you still get that happy ending vibe from the book, you know these are challenges the characters will overcome successfully. ASOIAF is much more realistic, if you are hoping for happy ending you feel like you get one punch after the other!
Image for Daughter of the Forest
by Juliet Marillier (Goodreads Author)