Nicole
Nicole asked:

Can anyone explain why this book may contain mature content and what the mature content consists of? I would like to order this for my class, but need to know if it is appropriate for my middle schoolers. Thanks!

JUDITH FRADIN Nicole:

There is some mature content in the book, including some dramatic and somewhat disturbing information, but slavery in Louisiana was very disturbing by nature. I doubt, however, that Sana Khalid read our book. I think, rather, that he's heard about the movie, which was brutal.
Dennis and I are career teachers, parents, and the grandparents of 7. We're experienced, award-winning authors and know how to write for young adults. Our book is written with care and discretion for young adult readers. Judy Fradin, co-author, STOLEN INTO SLAVERY.
Image for Stolen into Slavery