Srikumar Krishna Iyer

Should I read this book? Is it a quick/ fast read? I hate books which are a drag....... Somebody please enlighten me in this regard.........!!!

To answer questions about The Devil Wears Prada, please sign up.
Veronica Don"t waste your time. The movie was much better with stronger characters and a more robust story. Also the visuals of the fashion industry are beautiful in the movie.
Georgiana Quaint Watch the movie, it is better. Funnier and makes more sense. And the ending is more elegant (I mean the scene when Andy quits her job in Paris). I read it quite fast, but really... do not waste your time.
Emalee I disagree with the comments here. I thought this book was very readable. I kept wanting to read more!
Ocean The book reads like a tirade about dealing with a bad boss and has none of the character development of the movie.
Iris A book that drags is largely a matter of opinion. I can't tell you if it'll drag to you.
K.S. Lewis In this rare case, the movie was (and still is) better!
greatgrayprairie I agree with Emalee. It is a must read.
Naomi Long I sense that you personally won't like it. I think it's well worth reading, but if you want a softer, audience-friendly version, stick with the film. I like the realism of the book, which was, after all, based on real experience. I also like the fact that the protagonist is also flawed and entitled which you don't get in the film.
Saf The book is different from the movie. I liked the movie ending better but the book had a more realistic ending. For sure read it, even if the ending may not be good, it is not possible for a movie to present all the amazing quirky details in 400 ish page book
Katherine Pederson Agreed...just watch the movie and spend time reading GOOD books!
Image for The Devil Wears Prada