GABC
GABC asked:

I finally found a Scudder book I hadn't read, red book, hard cover, my question, it's 176 pages, I see by checking all editions that the book has been reprinted several times. I'm confused, I see on Goodreads that the book has 304 pages, what am I missing?

To answer questions about A Stab in the Dark, please sign up.
Shrewbie Spitzmaus I have a paperback version that I bought years ago and it's only 180 pages... the print (or the spacing/margins) on mine must be considerably smaller that the current paperback version... I was also surprised at the 304 pages listed here...
Steve The paperback is 304 pages. I read a hardcover version of the book (not a red book, though) and it was somewhere around 176 pages long, so you're not missing anything.
Image for A Stab in the Dark
by Lawrence Block (Goodreads Author)