Louise
Louise asked:

I've read the Farseer Triliogy, but should I read the Liveship trilogy before embarking on this one? Or is the only thing that links all three trilogies that they are in the same world?

To answer questions about Fool's Errand, please sign up.
L Liveships is a bit of an undertaking, but it's a wonderful series and I'd definitely suggest that you read it in between. Just within the first hundred pages of Fool's Errand there are references that make more sense, and maybe this is just me, but there were even some nuances to Fitz's narrative that made more sense when informed by the Liveships trilogy. It's interesting to have a grasp on the changes the world is going through, even though the time covered in between doesn't have anything to do with Fitz himself.
I also think it makes the return to Fitz's narrative sweeter for having spent so much time away from him. It's nice to have occupied the fifteen years in between the Farseer and the Tawny Man doing something else instead of jumping right back into his life after so much has changed. I think it's written as a linear series and should be read as one!
Axel While you can read the Tawny Man trilogy without reading the Liveship trilogy without being completely lost, it does play out in between the Farseer and the Tawny Man trilogies chronologically and there are some characters that are introduced and events that occur in the Liveship trilogy that are relevant to the plot in the Tawny Man trilogy.
TheBohemianBookworm You certainly can. That's how I prefer to read them. I like to not disrupt Fitz's narrative.
Image for Fool's Errand
by Robin Hobb (Goodreads Author)