Kirsty John
Kirsty John asked:

Can you read this book without having read any of the others? Or will it not make sense?

To answer questions about The Skin Collector, please sign up.
Katrina Evans The basic story will make sense but there are a LOT of references to things in previous books.
Brian Welsch I just finished this and it was my first Lincoln Rhyme novel. It was still enjoyable and while having additional backstory would probably make certain scene deeper, I didn't feel lost. I don't think you absolutely need to read prior novels, but you'll likely get more out of this one if you do.
Laura You really need to read the book about the Watchmaker first, as he figures prominently in this story. As in several of my favorite series, the development of relationships is also key.
Image for The Skin Collector
by Jeffery Deaver (Goodreads Author)