Singletary
Singletary asked:

I am having a hard time making out who is Rachel and who is Magan. The flipping back and forth is very confusing to me. Any tips to help me enjoy this book more?

To answer questions about The Girl on the Train, please sign up.
Cassandra Marie Or just listen to the audio book and the voices change with chapter. Weird thing is after listening to the whole book I keep hearing those voices, I speed listened to this book I feel myself putting on a British accent at times. lol
Singletary My question was probably premature, but I was so frustrated at that time I couldn't keep the characters straight. It did eventually fall into place for me, but in my humble opinion, this was no way to write a book.

Thank you for taking the time to answer.
Jennifer In terms of knowing who is speaking, the chapters are usually named after the character from whose perspective it is written. If your question relates to trying to piece it all together into a chronological and coherent whole, don't. I felt that the discombobulation that I felt at the beginning was evocative of Rachel's memory blackouts due to her alcoholism. So just go with it, it all falls into place before the end.
Danny At the beginning it was confusing for me too, but as I kept reading it started to make more sense, because of Rachel's alcohol abuse. Just keep reading it will make more sense as the story goes on.
Marija MB
Mona I got very confused. I put the book down and started over. I was reading the chapters as being by one person instead of the 3 charactors, Megan, Anna and Rachel
Image for The Girl on the Train
by Paula Hawkins (Goodreads Author)